How a morning routine is helping me.

I remember listening to a talk about waking up early and having a routine. My reaction to early mornings was pretty much summed up by this emoji 😱. However, although I am still not exactly a super happy early riser I do like the concept of having a morning routine to follow and since the end of Summer, I have been doing my best to implement one. And of course it helps to have children who need to get up and go to school. So far this is what it looks like:

Wake up about 6.30am
Get dressed into work out clothes.
Wake up kids.
Use bathroom.
Put on exercise routine - I go on YouTube and use one of these Walk a mile videos that average only about 15 minutes. Its easy to do and quite fun. 2-3 minutes of weights. Followed with about 10 minutes of stretching and Yoga exercises. This appeals to my frugal nature as it costs me far less than paying for a class and


Make sure kids eat and send them off to school.
Check the meal planner and make a shopping list.
Shower and change into day clothes.
10 minutes of thinking about what I want or need to get done.

Its not much but it just means that I am ready for the day ahead and I have got the thing I least like out of the way, i.e, exercise. Its starting to become a habit rather than a chore. Currently, I only do this Monday to Friday. I will be interested to see how I get on during school holidays, I hope I will carry on although maybe not such an early start. I would also like to add 10 minutes of meditation into the mix and 10-20 minutes of reading. I like the way this helps me to create a positive mindset before I even leave the house. I do not think a daily routine is everyone's cup of tea but I'm clearly a scheduled fun kinda person!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do with a problem like Merlin?

Autumn is here. Let the leaves fall from my eyes.

Need some extra income? Go look in the shed!