Autumn is here. Let the leaves fall from my eyes.

I haven't posted on this thread for quite a while and I have no reason to justify this, I guess I just kept procrastinating until I simply forgot about it. I would like to say that I have used the last year well and achieved a lot but I think it has been a bit of a write off and I achieved little that could be called productive. Instead I fell into a bit of a limbo feeling sad about the state of the world and a little lost about what to do with myself. I wouldn't say I was depressed, more just a complete loss of focus so I threw myself into concentrating on the lives of my family and friends. I peaked in the summer and perhaps the heat wave we 'enjoyed' finally sweat out this apathy with my own life as with the return of grey clouds and a chill in the air I am beginning to feel myself again.

With regards to frugality, I am still plugging away at it and to rejuvenate my commitment, I am returning to the basics: turn off lights and plugs when not in use; put on a cardigan or use a blanket rather than turn on the heat; use cold water to wash my hands and finally have showers not baths. I have at times been lax on these but of course it all matters especially since gas and electricity prices have shot up. My energy direct debits do not make happy reading.

FI update - I have been a little lax on this front as well. I still pay regular money into my accounts but haven't been topping it up with any extra money from frugality savings. This will change!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do with a problem like Merlin?

2012, Thrifty is the new Black!